Double Delicious Dunkers
Don't believe that your kids will clamor for a vegetable snack? Try serving them these crispy-coated, baked vegetables with a pizza sauce dip
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, Kellogg’s Rice Krispies® or Kellogg’s® Special K® Original cereal (crushed to 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup Sunshine® Cheez-It® Original Crackers (crushed to 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 1/2 cups 1/4-inch-thick-zucchini slices, cauliflower florets, broccoli florets or combination
- 1 cup pizza sauce
1. In shallow dish stir together KELLOGG’S CORN FLAKES cereal, SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT Original snack crackers, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and cayenne pepper (if desired).
2. In another small bowl stir together egg whites and water. Dip zucchini, cauliflower and broccoli into egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture, gently pressing crumbs onto vegetables. Place on baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400° F for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl heat pizza sauce on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through. Serve as dipping sauce with warm vegetables.