Tropical Crispix Mix®
Cinnamon and red pepper lend the flavors of the Caribbean to this crunchy snack mix. Use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne if you like spicy hot and 1/8 teaspoon if you prefer it a little milder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups dried apricots, chopped in half, or unsweetened mixed dried fruit bits
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In small bowl stir together cinnamon, garlic salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. In 2-gallon zipper-type storage bag combine dried fruit, cereal and raisins. Pour oil over cereal mixture. Close bag and gently toss until evenly coated.
3. Add spice mixture. Close bag. Gently toss until evenly coated. Store in airtight container.